Special educational needs

At Christ the Saviour our aim is to have outstanding provision for all pupils including those with special educational needs. We aim to live out our Christian vision as an inclusive school which values that which is unique in every human being and to make sure that pupils with SEN or disabilities are supported to learn in the best conditions to reach their best potential. 

You can download our 'school offer' for pupils with special educational needs below.  There is also a link to the Ealing Local Authority Offer.  In the document we answer questions about what sort of approaches we use and how and where you can find out more. 

The term 'special educational needs' (SEN) has a legal definition, referring to children who have learning difficulties or disabilities that make it harder for them to learn or access education than most children of the same age.

The Head of Inclusion, Miss Hughes, is always happy to talk to parents about any worries or concerns about their child's learning.  Please do not hesitate to call for an appointment or email Miss Hughes directly here. hughes@cts-school.org

There are many types of additional need - some physical, some to do with mental health, some to do with learning and others to do with social or emotional interaction.  Whatever your child's need - we will work with you to make sure he or she is ably supported, challenged and inspired to be the very best they can.

Inclusion is at the heart of what we do as a school. We are proud of the provision we have made for a wide number of pupils with additional needs and we believe it is for this reason parents chose our school for their child. Do not hesitate to call us if you are thinking about applying to CtS - we will welcome you and will be glad to show you and your child around. 

Ealing Local Offer Link

What to do when things go wrong 

Sometimes, things can go wrong.  It is our aim to work in close partnership with parents.  We encourage regular communication through home-school books for pupils with additional needs, and parents are encouraged to make a face to face appointment with the Head of Year or SENCO in the first instance when things go wrong. However, as our 'school offer' document makes clear, parents can always contact the deputy head or Headteacher at any time.  The formal complaints policy can be used when these approaches have not brought about satisfactory resolution to your concerns.