The governing body sets up a strategic framework for the school. It sets aims and objectives, targets for achieving those objectives, and engages in policy formation, adoption and review. Governors are not involved in the day-to-day running of the school, which is the responsiblity of the headteacher and the senior leadership team but at CtS, governors are very much an integral part and frequent visitors in the school.
The Chair of the Governing Body is Alan Reynolds. He can be contacted on: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the school office.
The governing body has two main committees who undertake work between meetings, these are the resources committee and the standards committees.
- Finance - budget approval and monitoring
- Health and safety
- Buildings and estate development
- Staffing, Performance Management and HR
- Strategic development of the school
- Academic outcomes
- Curriculum including policy
- School improvement planning
- Behaviour and discipline
- Special educational needs
- Collective worship and church school distinctiveness