Safeguarding and Child Protection

Every child has the right to grow up in a caring and safe environment.  However, some children live in families that are having a difficult time and cannot cope with their problems, whilst others are deliberately hurt or neglected by adults around them.  We have a duty to report concerns.

Through our curriculum we teach children to stay safe and happy. We encourage the understanding that any problem or worry that they have is legitimate. Regular opportunities for safeguarding curriculum reviews and pupil voice surveys take place. 

What to do if you are worried about a child
If you are concerned that a child or young person is being harmed through abuse or neglect you should contact the local authority's Children and Families on (020) 8825 8000 or the Police on 999 in emergency situations.

Within school
Mrs Tramoni is our Designated Senior Person for safeguarding and is also the child protection officer.  Miss Hughes (Head of Inclusion), Mrs Larson (DHT), Ms Valentin (DHT) and Ms Norris (AHT) are also part of the Safeguarding team and deputise in Mrs Tramoni's absence. 

They can be contaced by telephone on 020 8249 6800

Complaints or concerns about a member of staff
Complaints or concerns about a member of staff should be made directly to Mrs Tramoni.  Call or email the school and ask to speak to her directly on a safeguarding issue.  The head will always take professional advice on how to proceed from the person responsible for allegations against a member of staff at the Local Authority.

Any complaint or concern about the Head should be made directly to the Chair of Governors.  You can do this in writing, by emailng the school office ( or call the School Office and ask for a direct number.

Keeping healthy and local services
There is Guide of Local Health Services for Young People below.