Welcome to Nursery
Our nursery reflects the seven areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework (EYFS) We have over 60 children in our nursery and we offer a variety of options including full-time and part-time places.
You can see some photos of our nursery class here.
Our nursery has five areas. These are...
- Rainbow area - this is where the children can access activities linked to expressive arts and design. For example; painting, drawing, drama, music and design and technology.
- Blue area - this is where the children can access activities linked to understanding the world. For example; sand, water, construction and scientific investigation.
- Green area - this is where the children can access activities linked to mathematics. For example; number, calculating, problem solving and shape, space and measure.
- Red area - this is where the children can access activities linked to language for communication and literacy. For example; reading, writing, role-play, small world and the home corner.
- Outside area - this is where the children can access all seven areas of the curriculum as well as opportunities for further physical development.
All of the seven areas are interlinked and children are encouraged to access a range of learning opportunities throughout the day. Each child has the opportunity to develop their learning through a balance of both child initiated play and adult led activities.