Personal, social, health and emotional development
PSHE: personal, social and health education
SEAL: social and emotional aspects of learning
PSHE is combined with the SEAL and is taught as an individual subject. It also features in termly, overarching themes across the curriculum. It links our problem solving approaches, global dimensions in learning and rights respecting school work together. Miss Hodgson is our Subject Lead for PSHE.
We work with a theatre company called Loudmouth to provide informative and interactive parent workshops in CyberBullying and Sex and Relationships Education before engaging pupils in workshops after the parent training evenings. These evenings are particularly welcomed in key stage 2 as they provide starting points for informed conversation between parents and pupils and pupils and staff.
E-Safety is taught as the first lesson of each half-term in ICT units of work.
- Bully 4 U - Cyber Bullying Workshop Information | PDF
- Bully 4 U - Learning Objectives | PDF
- My Mate Fancies You - Basic Information | PDF
- My Mate Fancies You - Learning Objectives | PDF
- My Mate Fancies You - Storyboard from a teaching session | PDF
- My Mate Fancies You - an evaluation from Loudmouth Theatre Company | PDF
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (The basis of our work with Unicef's Rights Respecting Schools). "A better life for eve | PDF