Personal, Social, Health and Emotional Development
PSHE is taught as discrete subject and its themes are traced throughout our entire curriculum.
Our Sex and Relationships Education Policy can be found here and our anti-bullying policy here. Mrs Tramoni leads on our Sex and Relationships Education, we are Stonewall Equality Champions and Mr MacMorran leads on Rights Respecting Schools.
We use a theatre company called Loudmouth to provide informative and interactive parent workshops in CyberBullying and Sex and Relationships Education before engaging pupils in workshops after the parent training evenings. These evenings are particularly welcomed in key stage 2 as they provide starting points for informed conversation between parents and pupils and pupils and staff. E-Safety is taught as the first lesson of each half-term in ICT units of work.
Ofsted expert advice in PSHE with useful links can be found here.
- Bully 4 U - Cyber Bullying Workshop Information | PDF
- Bully 4 U - Learning Objectives | PDF
- My Mate Fancies You - Basic Information | PDF
- My Mate Fancies You - Learning Objectives | PDF
- My Mate Fancies You - Storyboard from a teaching session | PDF
- My Mate Fancies You - an evaluation from Loudmouth Theatre Company | PDF
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (The basis of our work with Unicef's Rights Respecting Schools). "A better life for eve | PDF