Welcome to Reception!
We have four Reception classes of 30 pupils each.
- Miss Atwal is our head of year and teaches class RA Email
- Miss Saito teaches class RS Email
- Miss Limani teaches class RL Email
- Miss Evison teaches class RE Email
We work closely with the Nursery which is led by Mrs Allsop
A number of fun, interactive games for Reception children to do in and out of school including; initial sounds, colours, comparing and ordering, counting, adding, matching all whilst developing mouse control.
Learning to Read and Count
Bekonscot Model Village
Exploring the worlds's oldest model village. (The cost for this trip will be approximately £14 including coach travel and entrance).
Animal Magic day and Zoolab Visit
Zoolab will visit the school and children will learn about animals in their habitats. (The cost for this will be approximately £5 which includes the workshop by Zoolab. This can be paid in installments. Details will follow later in the year)
Homework starts after a few weeks of settling in and in your child’s bookbag each week will be:
1) A Free Choice Book - a book chosen by your child for you to read to them. These books help children access higher level text than they would be able to read independently
2) Reading Books- please ensure that you spend some time talking about the pictures in the book and then listen to your child reading
3) Sounds- please encourage your child to practise recognising the sound, saying the sound and then to think of some things that begin with that sound.
4) High Frequency Words- Please encourage your child to say the sounds out loud, then blend them together to say the word in full. For example, i, t = it
5) Home Learning Book - with a choice of activities, choose one to complete each week with your child
6) WOW book - record any exciting or special achievements in here. Feel free to add photos, drawings, and writing from both you and your child!
Reception P.E takes place every Tuesday.
We will begin our PE sessions from the 19th September 2018.
Children should come to school dressed in their P.E. uniform on their P.E day. Please refer to the Uniform List to make sure your child has the correct kit.
You can find some downloadable documents below that you may find useful, including the prayers we say each day, the booklets we use for assessment, and the long term curriculum map for Reception.