The ‘big write’
Big Writing provides a definitive, comprehensive model that enables learners to develop their own writer's voice.
The approach is based on:
- the importance of talking and oral rehearsal
- accurate basic skills – spelling, punctuation, grammar and handwriting
- regular and meaningful assessment and target setting
- high expectations for all pupils
- giving writing a purpose and making it fun, engaging, relevant and globally aware
You can read more about the stages and developing a strong writer's voice here at the Andrell website.