Welcome to Year 6 2017 - 2018
Mrs Larson is our Head of Year.
Mrs Larson 6LY email@example.com
Mrs Yates 6LY firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Palmer 6RP email@example.com
Mrs Willcox 6KW firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Jolliffe email@example.com
Weekly Spelling Homework
Year 6 Spelling Lists are sent home every week on a Wednesday and tested the following Wednesday. Find the weekly spelling lists under Year 6 Spelling Lists.
Maths homework is handed out on a Monday and is due in on a Friday.
Science homework is handed out on a Wednesday and is due in on the following Monday.
English homework is handed out on a Friday and is due in on the following Tuesday.
6LY have P.E on a Monday afternoon, 6KW on a Tuesday afternoon and 6RP on a Wednesday afternoon. Please make sure your child always has their full P.E kit with them on their P.E day.
The KS2 SATs will be taken during the week commencing Monday 14th May, 2018.
Wednesday 11th October 2017 - RAF Hendon
Learning more about life in the Second World War (approx. cost £12.00)
Tuesday 17th November 2017 - Science Museum
Learning about biology and physics through a museum visit and meeting Sir Isaac Newton (approx. cost £4.00)
Tuesday January 16th - Friday January 19th - Sayers Croft
Learning together through outdoor challenges at a residential centre (approx. cost £130)
Natural History Museum
Learning about our extreme earth in the Earthquakes and Volcanoes Show and about animal classifications and adaptations in the galleries (approx. cost £3.00)
Orange Tree Theatre
Exploring English and Drama (£8.00)
Online Resources to Support Learning
- Love Reading for Year 6: Recommended reading lists
- Maths Practice Online: Y6 materials Y7 materials
- Maths Revision: BBC Bitesize KS2
- Maths Facts and Times Tables Practice: Hit the Button
- Teaching measures: length, mass and capacity
- Spelling and Grammar: BBC Bitesize
- Science 'Changing Circuits' and 'How we see things' on the BBC website.
- History: World War 2 for Children, BBC Primary History, Bomb Sight
- French: Online Games
- ICT: Staying Safe Online
- Geography: Climate Kids, Volcanoes