Slight adjustment to the starting and finishing time on the Broadway Site over the next few weeks
The building works are well under way and still on schedule.
We need to make a few slight alterations to the teaching day to enable more noisy works to go on after school from now until Christmas.
The slight alterations to the school day on the Broadway:
1. The Broadway site will open at 8.30am as usual and breakfast club will run as usual
2. Registration will be in class from 8.40 – 8.50am (ten minutes earlier than currently – however, a child will not be marked late until 9am).
Assembly will be from 8.55 until 9.05.
3. We are going to experiment with staggering the time each year group goes to lunch starting with:
Y3 at 11.50am
Y4 at 12.10pm
Y5 at 12.30pm and
Y6 at 12.50pm
4. Teaching will finish at 3.10pm and there will be 10 minutes for quiet reading and prayer until 3.20pm (10 minutes earlier than currently)
5. We shall open the school gates to parents at 3.10pm each day
6. The Broadway playground will need to be cleared as soon after 3.20pm as possible and up to just after 3.30pm.
7. We are increasing the number of after-school clubs over the next two terms and these will start at 3.30pm and run until 4.30pm.
Grove Site Pupils
The Grove site will finish at 3.10pm for reception and 3.15pm for KS1.
Next year, when Y2 move to the Broadway site, reception and Y1 will still finish at the same time.
What if an after-school club or carer usually collect your child?
If external clubs or carers cannot arrive at 3.20pm we will make sure that there are adults available to supervise in the playground until 3.30pm each day over the next term to ease the transition.
Please do email if you think we can help with any additional needs you may have – we’ll do our best to help. Please email Mrs Mutch or Mrs Tramoni.