05 May Health and Wellbeing
During this challenging time, consistent routines can support our wellbeing and our happiness levels. Here are some helpful suggestions on how to create healthy routines to support wellbeing at home.
- Stay active – exercise has a vital role in our physical and mental health. Exercise improves levels of concentration and happiness, and of course it can be fun!
Change4life indoor and outdoor activities can be found here.
PE with Joe Wicks daily at 9am can be found here.
- Go to bed and wake up at regular times. Getting good sleep, and enough of it, can help us have more energy, feel more positive, and feel less stressed.
- Keep to regular meal times and drink lots of water.
- Complete your school work in a special work space. Include some breaks too, try and stick to a regular start and finish times!
- Help with a household job, talk to your family while doing it.
- Read in your favourite space.
- Message or video call friends or family if you have your parents permission.
- Do things you enjoy such as reading, watching films, playing games, listening to music, dancing or drawing.
- Tell somebody in your household that you love them or thank them for a kind thing they have done, being thankful and expressing positive emotions really helps the wellbeing of everyone in the home.